Several medical and dental institutions around the country offer MBBS and BDS programs that require the NEET-UG as their entrance test. In 2020, the National Testing Agency conducted the NEET-UG examination on the 13th of September 2020 and 14th October 2020. Due to its nature, it is one of the most challenging tests in the nation, so students must be well-versed in all three subjects – physics, chemistry, and biology – before taking it.
If you are a NEET Aspirant, cover the most important topics in biology before the exam.
Most relevant topics in biology
Biology is the most crucial part of the NEET examination. Botany and Zoology are the two topics included in the NEET Biology curriculum. Candidates who have superior notions and clarity in their reasoning would do better in biology courses. As a result, concentrating more on biology for NEET might improve candidates’ chances of passing the medical entrance exam with ease.
Chapter-by-chapter weighting of Biology concepts has been provided to help students appreciate the significance of ideas in this exercise. Due to the comprehensive nature of the NEET Biology curriculum, we have provided chapter-by-chapter weightage of Biology concepts to help students comprehend the importance of concepts.
Here are some of the topics that are most commonly asked in the Biology segment of the NEET test
- Plant Physiology
- Division and Cell Biology
- Plant Anatomy
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Plant Diversity
- Plant Reproduction and Morphology
- Biotechnology and Genetics
- Animal Husbandry
- Animal Diversity
- Human Reproduction
- Human Health and Diseases
- Animal Tissue
- Human Physiology
The subjects listed above are crucial for applicants to learn about when preparing for the NEET Biology exam. Developing sufficient discipline and a well-organised daily routine is essential for the successful study of these subjects.
Analysis of the previous year’s question paper:
- The Biology portion of the NEET test has consistently been noted throughout the years as being the most straightforward to complete.
- Since 80-85% of the questions appearing in the NEET-UG examinations are taken directly from the NCERT curriculum, Many students regard this section as simple.
- In the NEET Biology portion of the test, only 15% of the questions are not from the NCERT. This will ensure that applicants who are well-versed in the NCERT Biology textbook will do well on the NEET Biology exam.
- NEET 2019 performed at an average level on the difficulty meter, according to study results.
- It was found that Biology was the easiest section, followed by Chemistry, and then Physics, which took the most time to complete.
- Among the NEET Biology components, the botany part was reasonably challenging. NCERT provided most of the botany questions.
- On the other hand, Zoology wasn’t as tricky, and Human Physiology was the unit with the most questions.
Chapter-by-chapter weighting of NEET biology paper
- Diversity of Living Organisms:14%
- Plant Physiology: 6%
- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants: 5%
- Human Physiology: 20%
- Cell- Function and Structure: 9%
- Evolution and Genetics: 18%
- Reproduction: 9%
- Environment and Ecology: 6%
- Human Welfare and Biology: 9%
- Biotechnology and its Applications” 4%
How is the NEET 2021 question paper likely to look?
- Biology is a relatively easier subject than chemistry and physics.
- In all, 45 questions will be asked in Botany and Zoology combined. The class XII syllabus was more prevalent in NEET 2019, with almost 46 out of 90 questions.
- NCERT is the source for most questions, so students should spend more time on it than reference books.
- In general, you can expect about eight to ten questions to be directly drawn from the NEET exam papers of last year, with the remaining questions being brand new.
- Despite minor modifications, these questions often follow the same format. It may be helpful for you to resolve past year’s question papers.
The Best Way to Prepare
You need to prepare in advance for the NEET biology exam. The following advice will help you achieve good results. Candidates may follow the well-structured daily regimen that they can employ while studying for NEET 2022 from the comfort of their own homes.
Review the syllabus: An accurate syllabus assessment is necessary for success in NEET biology. Take note of the critical points above. You can learn and practice essential concepts in Zoology from NCERT Biology textbooks for Classes 11 and 12. Additionally, make sure you have access to reference books. Ensure that you have a thorough understanding of diagrams and tables from NCERT textbooks. Develop the ability to make rapid decisions using pedigree analysis.
Concepts: Learn the structures and functions of all the cells outlined in NEET-UG. Ensure you have mastered all topics. Consider using the internet to gain knowledge about a particular subject if you lack it.
Writing Notes: A thorough examination of notes on any subject will help you revise it. Therefore, to prepare correctly, read the chapter and take notes. Instead of rereading the chapter, go over your notes.
Learn as much as possible when studying new topics. Doing this will help you understand each chapter thoroughly.
Creating a Schedule: Planning your schedule or creating a regimen will help. Allow yourself enough time to prepare for each topic.
Practice: Make sure you practice answering questions within the time limit. To pass the NEET exam, you will need to develop at a rapid pace. The practice of mock exams is a great way to improve your skills.
Several new strategies for studying Biology might be helpful when preparing for the NEET exam.
A final note
While practising previous year’s NEET biology papers is essential, remember to relax during the day and concentrate on your diet. It is vital to take a break after studying for the NEET-UG biology structural organisation in animals and plants for the exam. The duration is usually between seven and eight hours, although it might be longer or shorter. Make sure you get enough rest at night. If you take a break from your studies for a while, your brain will be better equipped to comprehend the material.